Search the Cinema Head Cheese Archives!

July 1, 2013

TV on DVD Review: Todd & The Book of Pure Evil: Season 2

Anyone that knows me knows that I love this series. Unfortunately, this was the second and final season to air on Canadian television. Thankfully, crowd funding allows for an animated feature to wrap up the story. That's right, we'll see an animated move that will bring us the final act of the amazing adventures of Todd, Jimmy, Atticus and the rest of the crew. Before that happens, let's get into a little bit of the second season.

I'll do my best to give you a rundown without many spoilers, because you can find this streaming or on DVD, and I really want you people to grab on to this series and soak it all in. Those of you that saw the first season, however, can read ahead and get just a little taste of what's in store for you. It's phenomenal.



Atticus has now taken his place at the head of the Satanists' table. As you'd expect, he's not exactly the most respected leader. He tries to best his betrayed students, but as you can guess, the Book tends to be tough to hold on to. Todd becomes more of a leader throughout the second season. With Curtis' help, he stays grounded, but not without peril. Speaking of Curtis, an old flame of his makes a return. Jenny learns some interesting things about her dad and why the Satanists kidnapped him. Hannah has an odd connection with the Book, which provides for an amazing season finale. Jimmy has a much more prominent role and an odd connection with the metal dudes that hang out in the parking lot.

That's all I can give you. I know, it's not much of a review, but what more do you need than me telling you to go watch the damned thing? Here's a tip for anyone who reads my reviews. When I struggle to give you details, it means that I REALLY want you to watch it. I like to leave something to the imagination. This is one of my favorite television series of all time. No joke. I fell in love with this thing during the very first episode.

Do yourself a favor, and watch Todd. It's funny, super gory, and everything Buffy could have been. If that's not enough to entice you, expect skinned bodies, time travel, a cheerleader-eating monster and a killer birthday cake. Enough said? I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment