Search the Cinema Head Cheese Archives!

November 11, 2011

Movie Review: Evil Bong 3: The Wrath of Bong (2011)

I haven't seen the first two Evil Bong movies, but I am a fan of silly slasher films. I like the crazy creatures, such as the GingerDead Man or the Leprechaun. I wasn't sure how a bong would kill people, but I thought I'd give it a try. It had a decent start that was somewhat similar to Stephen King's segment of Creepshow. It really turned into a whole lot of nothing with puppets. Eh, it could have been worse.

Buy Evil Bong 3: The Wrath of Bong on DVD or Watch It Instantly



When the meteor lands, we see cult favorite Irwin Keyes burying his wife. He sees the meteor and removes the bong inside of it, which he quickly takes to a head shop. A strange moss is on the meteor, and it starts growing on Keyes, making our Creepshow connection. Apparently, the shop owners are series regulars who have dealt with previous evil bongs, but that doesn't stop one of them from smoking up, which sends him into a strange room with naked blacklight girls in it. After that, other stuff sort of happens, but none of it seems very evil to me.

I didn't really like or dislike the movie. It was just there. I like some of Full Moon's other offerings, but I could pass on this one. Again, it wasn't bad. It had a decent line here and there, and it definitely doesn't take itself seriously. I might actually go back and see the previous Evil Bong movies. Why not? It seems like this one just ran out of steam. Many of these type of movies do. I give it a thumb sideways, just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment