Search the Cinema Head Cheese Archives!

September 16, 2011

Movie Review: Killer Yacht Party (2011, Troma)

Troma has always been known for bringing bizarre horror to the masses. Be it the flagship Toxic Avenger or a musical about a famous cannibal, they always seem to bring some humor to the table in and amongst the gore. Well, almost always.

Buy Killer Yacht Party on DVD or Watch It Instantly

 We start at a night club, which is a nice way for us to see who our victims are going to be. They're those douchey club kids that you just can't stand. That's completely fine with me. The one exception is a mousey girl who really isn't comfortable with the scene or the people in it, but her best friend convinces her to get out and live a little.


This really seemed to be a typical slasher film on a boat. From past experience, I can tell you that this really isn't a great idea. Do I need to remind you about Jason Takes Manhattan? I hope not, because that took my beloved Jason Voorhees into his worst adventure. I felt like I was on one of my worst adventures during Killer Yacht Party.

I would love to tell you more about the story, but I couldn't hear it. I had my television turned all the way up, and I sit less than ten feet away from it in my dead quiet apartment. That's not good. It's one thing to have bad sound, but this is the first time I ever watched a movie with no sound. It's like the boom operator was in a different room. That doesn't really matter much, because when you find out who the killer is, you'll be irritated anyway. If you like bad special effects and closed captioning, this movie might be for you. For sane people, skip it.

No comments:

Post a Comment