Search the Cinema Head Cheese Archives!

September 23, 2011

Movie Review: Sex, Demons and Death (aka Diabolicamente... Letizia, 1975)

I'm not exactly sure what to think of Sex, Demons and Death. At the start of the movie, a guy that looks like a better looking Mick Jagger talks to his wife over the phone, and you learn that she can't have kids. They decide to let the wife's niece move in as she promised her dead sister that she would take care of the orphan. When the husband, known as the architect, picks up the niece, Letizia, the pervy uncleness begins.

Buy Sex, Demons and Death on DVD



The story really doesn't make any sense, but I assume you aren't going to watch this for the brilliant writing. Everyone pretty much has sex with everyone. It's a cluster fuck of fucking. If you're looking for nudity, this is for you. It was almost jarring to me to see naturally attractive women. I've become so used to seeing tattooed girls with too much muscle tone and silicone everything in movies. It was actually nice to see natural beauty.

The best part of this movie is definitely the subtitles. You can tell that it doesn't translate well from Italian to English. My favorite line was, "I'm a stupid!" The movie was silly and disjointed, and it was laughable. I won't say it wasn't entertaining, but it was definitely goofy. When you find out why Letizia is causing so much trouble and why she's seeking revenge, you'll laugh your ass off. I can't say it was a total waste of time, but it's not high on my all-time favorites list. If you like silly, I can see this going over well when watched with a group. I'd love to do a commentary for this.

1 comment:

  1. This movie blows! The budget was more in line for a cheap fumetti magazine.

    ReplyDelete