We have a couple of Machete reviews already, so I won't bother to get into details on this one. The movie is funny, full of action, and worth watching twice in three days, which I did. If you haven't seen it, you really should. Danny Trejo is a guy whose name I'm always happy to see in the credits of any movie. I hope they make the sequels that the end credits promise.
Buy Machete [Blu-ray] or DVD
I did notice several great things in this movie. I want to see if you can find them too. So, if you've seen it or you haven't, I decided to create a little scavenger hunt. Print this list before you watch the movie, and see what you can find. Don't worry, there aren't any real spoilers here. I just think this is a hell of a lot of fun.
- The world's cheapest video phone
- An interestingly placed cell phone
- A meat thermometer
- An ice cream cart
- A weed whacker
- A terrible Mexican accent
- Two terrible Southern accents
- Bionic sound effects
- A nod to Christina Lindberg
- A nod to Che Guevara
- A nod to Die Hard? Sort of?
- A discount hitman
- Cinema's greatest hari-kari
- The only way Lindsay Lohan can find work in movies