Search the Cinema Head Cheese Archives!

May 31, 2011

Machete Scavenger Hunt


We have a couple of Machete reviews already, so I won't bother to get into details on this one. The movie is funny, full of action, and worth watching twice in three days, which I did. If you haven't seen it, you really should. Danny Trejo is a guy whose name I'm always happy to see in the credits of any movie. I hope they make the sequels that the end credits promise.

Buy Machete [Blu-ray] or DVD

I did notice several great things in this movie. I want to see if you can find them too. So, if you've seen it or you haven't, I decided to create a little scavenger hunt. Print this list before you watch the movie, and see what you can find. Don't worry, there aren't any real spoilers here. I just think this is a hell of a lot of fun.

  • The world's cheapest video phone
  • An interestingly placed cell phone
  • A meat thermometer
  • An ice cream cart
  • A weed whacker
  • A terrible Mexican accent
  • Two terrible Southern accents
  • Bionic sound effects
  • A nod to Christina Lindberg
  • A nod to Che Guevara
  • A nod to Die Hard? Sort of?
  • A discount hitman
  • Cinema's greatest hari-kari
  • The only way Lindsay Lohan can find work in movies
Get your pencils sharpened, kids. Check these off when you find them, do a shot, or whatever you want. Either way, just watch this movie. If you won't... who will?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment