Search the Cinema Head Cheese Archives!

June 27, 2010

The Movie Burrito: Volume 1 - Hilaritardity

Movie Burrito reviews are designed to be quick and easy and wrapped up in a tight little package, so here are a few little nuggets for you to enjoy. Volume 1 features a few of my favorite comedies and one that I would gladly wipe my ass with.


Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Jim Carrey in his first really big role. I don't know about you, but just when I think I'm sick of this movie, it still makes me laugh. Just the manic acting coupled with the animal interactions make this whole thing ridiculous. I guess it helps that I grew up a Jim Kelly fan and Dan Marino was practically Satan in my eyes. How could I not like that kicker's room?

BUY IT NOW ON DVD




Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls

Not a great follow up to the original. The film has a few good gags, but overall isn't worth a second thought. Tommy Davidson is almost unrecognizable as a native tribesman. The one true saving grace is the grand exit from the rhino's butthole.

BUY IT NOW ON DVD


American Pie

Four teens want to have sex by prom. For one, apple pie is woman enough. In that case, I'll have cake. Wet your pants funny. The dynamic between the different friends is great, and Alyson Hannigan is comedy gold. This was definitely my generation's real coming off age comedy.

BUY IT NOW ON DVD


American Pie 2

This worthy sequel follows our horny heros after their first year of college. It's only missing one thing: Shannon Elisabeth's hooters. Stiffler is more integrated with the group this time as they work for their first post-college summer as house painters. A great tease scene with two female neighbors is worth your time by itself.

BUY IT NOW ON DVD


American Wedding

Jim and Michelle get married amidst a series of zany circumstances. This series' theatrical conclusion is in Stifler's hands. He and a gay guy named Bear (played brilliantly by Eric Allen Kramer) steal the show. I could have done without the poo eating. Other than that, it's a good flick all around.

BUY IT NOW ON DVD


Anger Management

A mild mannered man is pushed to the edge by an insane psychologist. Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson make a great team in this film full of celebrity cameos. It's definitely not either actor's best role, but it serves its purpose and brings a few good laughs.

BUY IT NOW ON BLU-RAY


As Good as it Gets

If this is as good as it gets, I'm going to end it all now. Jack Nicholson should be embarrassed to be in this three hour hell with Helen "Ratface" Hunt. This film proves that Oscars are bought.I really don't think there's anything else to say.

BUY IT NOW ON DVD


Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

This crazy James Bond parody set the world into quotable heaven and proved that there really is nothing like a shorn scrotum. The birth of this well loved series got off to a slow start, but once it caught fire, it gained a huge fan base. This is the one movie of the three that really does sit on a parody level.

BUY IT NOW ON BLU-RAY


Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me

This was somehow funnier and more absurd than the original. The additions of Fat Bastard and Mini Me take this to new heights. I literally fell out of my chair during this movie. Everything from the song to the silly fist fight in space is made for the sake of silliness.

BUY IT NOW ON BLU-RAY

Austin Powers in Goldmember

My least favorite of the bunch, but the opening sequence is definitely the best single scene in the series. The addition of Austin's father, who eventually turns out to also be Dr. Evil's father, is a little unnecessary, but it led to a grand finale that put what I hope to be a final cap on the series.

BUY IT NOW ON BLU-RAY

No comments:

Post a Comment